Become a member of the oldest horticultural society in South Africa.
As a member of the CHS you will:
- receive a monthly newsletter;
- partake of a monthly programme of guest speakers and garden visits;
- have the opportunity to purchase unusual ‘slipped’ plants from members’ gardens;
- hear interesting information on the specimens on the ‘What’s in Flower’ table at monthly meetings;
- find interesting seeds in our Seed Swop Box;
- get a chance to pot up your excess plants to sell at our Annual Plant Sale;
- receive information (by e-mail) regarding plant fairs, open gardens etc;
- join in with events organised by member groups of Mediterranean Gardening International;
- be entitled to vote at the AGM; and
- best of all, enjoy the annual end-of-year party.
Above all, the CHS offers an unparalleled opportunity to mix with real experts who will be able to inform, excite and inspire you on this increasingly important and environmentally complex subject called horticulture.
The Membership fee (1 March 2020 to 28 February 2021) is:
- R140 for a Single Membership; and
- R210 for a Family Membership (two adults with/without children of school-going age).
An application form in .pdf format, or .docx format can be downloaded and submitted to our Secretary at email@example.com. Banking details will be provided on request.
The membership fee is “half price” from September to February. The 6-month application form (applicable from September 2020) can be found in .pdf format or .docx format until 1 March 2021. Submit your application to our Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org.